Sunday 12 June 2011

The Perfect Evening

Yesterday evening was a great evening, a perfect summer evening. My family and I went over to our friends house for dinner, our parents have been best friends all their lives and they have three kids. The weather, for once, was amazing, the sun was splitting the clouds and it got really warm. After a nice dinner, we went outside and spent the rest of the daylit evening running and playing in the cornfields. I know I'm getting a bit too old for 'playing' but who cares. The long grass came half way up me body, and at one stage the only thing visible was my head. It was so much fun! Although the kids I was with were young, they have cousins that live beside them around my age, so there was about ten of us out in the field going crazy. So it was a bit of a movie moment, running through cornfields with your hair down, blue skies, birds singing and the sun shining like there was no tomorrow. Sounds like a fairytale right? So after getting tired of that, we went into their cousins back yard and went on swings and played football and finely when it got dark we went inside to their house and watched movies :) All the adults were next door in the other house having drinks and we ended up staying there until two o'clock when my slightly 'cheerful' parents announced it was time to get a taxi home.
So right now, I'm sitting on my bed, singing along to The A-Team by Ed Sheeran (great song look it up), looking out my window at the constantly grey/black sky that has not stopped releasing rain all day long. I'm praying it will stop tomorrow so I can go outside and have some more fun. Thanks for reading, see you soon hopefully(:
Cíara ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment